UTah TiME

Thursday, June 13, 2013

The Power of Primary Songs

One night after working Caesars Palace as a call girl, I didn't feel good about myself so I went to a motel room with some guys & got high on crack. Magic & I left the hotel in his car and drove down a back alley not to far from the Stratosphere. As we pulled up a drive, we witnessed a man on his knees & 2 men standing, 1 with a gun pointed to the mans forehead who was kneeling. We backed out very fast, both of us screaming & crying, the gun fired. We drove fast down the road in a state of shock & confusion. I prayed so hard in seconds "Please God, keep us safe!" A calmness came over me as I began to sing primary songs to comfort Magic. I remember singing & rocking back n forth & crying. I don't remember how I made it back to the home I was living at but I did. I use to have nightmares all the time, thinking the bad men were coming to get me. This happened the year the Broncos won the Superbowl in 1998, I remember because Frank Sinatra invited me VIP to the Stardust to watch the game. Frank taught me how to bet at the sportsbar and he put a $100 down for me on the team with the horses (the Broncos). I just wanted to tell you how thankful I am for Primary Songs, they have lifted me up in my darkest hours.

The night of the murder, I sang "I am a Child of God,"  "Teach Me to Walk in the Light of His Love" and "Heavenly Father Loves Me."
I Am a Child of God

Teach Me To Walk In The Light of His Love

Heavenly Father Loves Me

I love singing to my kids, sometimes when they cry or are sad, they say, "mom remember that one song, whenever I hear the song of a bird, will you sing it to me?" I hope Im given the chance to teach my grandson all the cute lil Primary songs. Talking about Primary, my family member called me up drunk one day and he asked how I was doing. I told him I had received a new church calling, the CTR's getting ready for baptism (age 7 & 8). He got all excited & said CTR?! I remember CTR! I lost my ring! he was feeling really bad. Later I mailed him a CTR ring that we hand out to the kids but it was identical to the rings we received as kids growing up. Im thankful for Primary.
CTR= Choose The Right
and backwords its Road To Christ...
Choose The Right Road To Christ :)

No comments:

Post a Comment