UTah TiME

Thursday, June 13, 2013

My Career Assessment Test Results...


Today I got my Career Assessment test results back from Vocational Rehabilitation.
I scored above average in the Artistic & Conventional General Theme Scale which means
I have interests in expressing myself by creating works of art and I prefer activities & jobs in which I know exactly whats expected of me.

On the Basic Interest Area Scale, I was above average in
1. Nature/Outdoors
2. Animal Service- dog trainer, zoo keeper, pet shop mngr, animal caretaker ( I have 15 yrs exp in Grooming & a lil vet tech)
3. Medical Science- physician, medical lab tech, dentist (I have exp in CNA, HHHA, Lab & Phlebotomy but have a 23 yr old felony)
4. Medical Service- working in a hospital, nursing, operating room tech, nurse aid, & other hospital occupations
5. Clerical/Clerking- working with records of some sort, bank cashier, filing clerk, library clerk, post office clerk, receptionist & telephone operator

Occupational Scales in Mid range
1. Mail Carrier
2. Dentist
3. Physical Therapist
4. Medical Lab Tech
5. Pharmacist
6. Radiologic Tech
7. Respiratory Tech
8. LPN
9. CNA
10. OR Tech
11. RN
12. Hospital Admin
13. Bookkeeper
14. Data Input Operator
15. Dental Assistant
16. Medical Assistant
17. Pharmacy Technician

My scores also indicate that I should investigate further into other occupations but thee was so many to list so I chose a few that interested me...

1. Conventional: Case worker, Compensation Advisor, Financial Analyst, Insurance Adjuster, Insurance Underwriter, Intelligence Agent, Loan Officer, Postal Inspector, Postmaster,

2. Artistic: Archivist, Journalist

3. Social: Career Counselor, Dental Hygienist, Parole/Probation Officer, Rehabilitation Counselor,

4. Investigative: Archaeologist, Astronomer, Botanist, Criminalist, Oceanographer, Soil Scientist, Parasitologist, Research Analist

5. Realistic: Fish & Game Warden,

At the end of our meeting, my counselor has met with me for a few years now and knows me pretty well, she said, "Tammie, you should really go back into what you're good at and thats Dog Grooming and shadow the Dr to be a vet tech." Don't get me wrong, I love animals and I really loved dog grooming but Im getting close to 50 and lifting those heavy dogs and being on your feet all day for long hrs isnt the ideal job for me any more. I'd really like to go into the medical field but have my felony holding me back. My counselor said to also check out and see what classes they have to offer at MATC,  most of my experience lies in Customer Service. Maybe they can train me in Bookkeeping and other office educations. I would also like to learn Math, I never understood algebra and would like to learn it. I think Math would really open alot of doors to better careers.


No comments:

Post a Comment