UTah TiME

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Hauula, Hawaii 4th Ward

My old ward in Hauula, Hawaii. I took a pic of this world wide satelyte broadcast of "The Work of Salvation" (lds.org) that was held at the church today. I loved Bishop Unga & all of Hauula 4th ward. I became very close to them during the time of the Japan earthquake in 2011 when we all had to evacuate to higher ground because of a tsunami, it was a very scary time for me. Everyone packed their things and said goodbye to their pets & homes thinking it would be the last time to see any of it. The tsunami caused very little damage to Oahu, Hawaii thank goodness but we did have sirens sounding off for a whole week after. Many of the members of our ward were from Japan and had family there that were missing, it was heart breaking to hear their Testimonys at church. 

video of the Japan Earthquake & Tsunami on March 11, 2011
The earthquake was a magnitude of 9 at 2:46pm, the tsunami was 133 ft high. I took the life of 1000's.

the sirens sounding off in Hawaii


No comments:

Post a Comment