UTah TiME

Friday, June 14, 2013

Happy Fathers Day to My Dads! I love you

This is my step dad, AJ Harris & his wife Cindy, he raised me since the 3rd grade & adopted me in the 6th grade.
 I love this man, he put up a lot with me in my younger and older years. I wasn't the easiest child and teenager to raise or get along with, in fact I was quite rebellious! He taught me how to drive and one night when the Utah Lake was really high, I accidently drove my car into it. Thank goodness he knew how to pull it out of the water & fix it! my dads an excellent mechanic!  My dad is a High Priest in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, he taught me about the Gospel, we had Family Home Evenings growing up, and always prayed together as a family. Camping & fishing trips were always the funnest,  my dad loves to fly fish. I remember this pond down south that he would take us to, he would tell us stories about quicksand & lochness monsters and divers never being able to find the bottom. LOL. I remember some of his favorite foods growing up because we would rap them as presents, haha. Dad loved sauerkraut, red licorice, dill pickles, Dr. Pepper & Steak n Everything sandwiches from The Italian Place in Orem. Holidays were also very memorable, dad always had us read the Xmas story in the bible,  have family prayer & eat a good breakfast before we could open our presents. Halloween was fun too because dad always dressed up with us and took us trick or treating, our friends thought he was the coolest & still do :) My dad adopted me, my brother & sister and got to have 3 more kids of his own, 2 girls and a boy. My dad has 6 kids and through his 2nd marriage he gained 4 more, not to mention all the in laws. Lets see... dad has Me, Michele, Carrie Ann, Jennifer, Robyn, Kristi, Tami, Katie & Shannon, that makes 9 daughters. His sons are, Garry, Jason, Tiger, Rob, Brandon, Adam, Brian & Tyler, that makes 8... Wow! thats 17 children :)
Dads 25 grandkids: Brittany, Ashley, Lindsay, Cortney, Garry Jr, Bryson, Brandyn, Mikala, Miranda, Brianna, Shaunte', Destiny, Daryen, Danica, Easton, Cedar, Strider, grand daughter due in July, Zach, Aspen, Skyler, Hailey, Brandons baby boy & Laney & Jayden.
and Dad has 2 great grand kids, Kyden & Marlee
Thank you for everything!
Happy Father's Day! Love you!

This is my birth dad, Brent Frandsen, he died of tongue cancer 3 years ago and is greatly missed. I was just starting to get to know him better in my adult years right before he passed away. We got to spend time at the Mormon Miracle Pageant, that was very special. My dad was a counselor in the Bishopric of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and loved the Gospel very much. I got to spend the summer taking care of him right before he died, we watched a lot of tv. Dad loved the coin show (he had quite the collection), western movies, the WWF wrestling & his DVD collection. We also listened to music, dad loved the sound of the 70's and Yanni amongst others but these were the ones I remember the most. Dads all time fave was camping, fishing, 4 wheeling and spending time with family. I got to go on a 4 wheel ride with him in 9 Mile Canyon before he died. My dad retired as an RN for mental health, he died at 65. I am so thankful for the time I got to spend with him, he taught me so much in the short amount of time he had. Dad had 16 children (incl in law) me, Garry, Robyn, Michele, David, Nora, Erin, Jacob, Jennifer, Adam Michelle, Josh, Sarah, Scott,  Rachel & her husband. He has 27 grandchildren, Brittany, Ashley, Lindsay, Cortney, Garry Jr, Bryson, Brandyn, Mikala, Miranda, Brianna, Shaunte', Daryen, Destiny, Levi, Cabot & baby boy Frandsen, Lydia, Nathaniel, Caleb, Brittany, Isaac, Sammy, Alek, Jackson, Gracie, Dakota, McKade & Aiden. 
2 great grandbabies, Kyden & Marlee
Happy Fathers Day Dad, love n miss you!




No comments:

Post a Comment