UTah TiME

Thursday, June 27, 2013

An Easter I Will Never Forget! Mendota, CA.

Easter Sunday April 12, 1998
My sisters boyfriend had broken my ribs for bringing a date to the house some time earlier, could have even been the day before. I remember my family was having an Easter party at my brothers house in Fresno, his neighbor across the street gave me somas for the pain & I went back to work on the streets.
This young latino picked me up on Belmont asking me if I was ok, I didnt feel like working so I rode with him. He told me he was selling meth & asked if I wanted to buy some, he also had a Raiders jacket in the back seat but I cant remember if he was trying to sell that to me too. He wasn't persistant selling to me, he knew I was injured & needed help so he was always askin me if I needed anything.
We drove to Mendota to a lil green house next door to a white house and across the street from a corn field. When we got inside he put his sawed off shot gun under the kitchen sink and was a nervous wreck saying his wife or girlfriends brother was on his way over and I began to get scared but I was to drugged up on Somas to do anything. I was in a lot of pain, the boy showed me a bed to lay in, the room was empty but had a red stuffed Fresno Bull dog hanging from the ceiling in the corner of the room. I lay there by myself.
I heard some fighting & arguing in the front room, I looked at the windows wondering how I was going to get out w/out them hearing me. I opened the door and walked in the front room, my new friend was laying on the ground & the huge mexican was kickin him with his cowboy boots. When he looked at me the beatings got worse like machismo or somethin. He was kickin him so hard in the head! The skinny white guy was standin there watching. I ran between the couch & the white guy and out the door to the neighbors, I knocked & knocked crying for help, no one answered. There was a man on a green tractor across the street in the corn field, I jumped up & down but he didnt see me. I watched the blue car with the mexicans in it drive away so I came off the neighbors porch to see what happened. The boy came outside, his head was huge & bleeding every where. He said, "are you ok?" he was worried about me but I was so scared for him that I ran down the street to the liquor store to call 911. I knew my friend was badly hurt. The police picked me up, took me to the green house, the ambulance was there & on the stretcher was the boy with a white blanket over his whole body & head. The cop said "its not what it looks like" the other cop said "this is strange, I wonder why we're not taking pictures?" I dont remember much just that a subpoena came for me at my brothers house and my mom put me on the trucks and said "these are people you don't want to be messing with," I went back to Utah.
Im writing this story because I cant forget & sometimes I have nightmares that the huge mexican is coming to get me. I also want to find this boy so I can visit him at the cemetery & I also want to know more about him. After the boy got hurt or after he died, there was a curly haired brown boy that came out from behind the house like he had been hiding cause he looked scared.

I called the Fresno County DAs office (559.600.3141), my name was not in the system and without a case number or the name of the boy, it will be impossible for them to find out anything or for me to understand & know what happened this day. I googled all the liquor& corner stores in Mendota on the satelyte to see if the neighborhoods looked familiar or if I could find that lil green house but no luck. The liquor store in Mendota was ran by poonjabis.

No comments:

Post a Comment