UTah TiME

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Call me crazy! Memories of Native, Larison, Doggers & Sky

when Native came to stay with me, the year the mtn was on fire, I seen the medicine man late at night by the bus stop. I miss my daughters turtles...

Native was Navajo & spoke the most beautiful language, it use to make me giggle. I wish I could remember what he taught me, I miss him. He was only 16, I found him sitting under a tree on the 4th of July w/no place to sleep so I took him home. I wanted to take care of him like a son so I ran him over to the Boy Scouts, LOL. He was already grown, he probably thought I was crazy. We use to sleep on the roof every night in the summer. One day my sister came to town & we decided to go swimming, the pool was packed full w/Navajos, me n my sister & her daughters were the only whities there. Native made the best fry bread! He drew a mural on my wall but I added a tear drop to his eye & Native got upset & wouldnt finish his work. Later, I woke up & never seen him again. I know he was on a mission to go find his uncle who had been locked up in Prison. He gave me a gorgeous turquoise bracelet, maybe it had a watch on it? I cant remember. I gave it to my mom to hold so if he came back we could give it back to him. My mom passed away and I never seen that turquoise ever again. During this time that Native stayed with me, Larison came & stayed with me to. Native would get upset w/him and say, "youre not an indian"... Larison drank alot and would stand on my roof in the rain and cry out for his grandfather, he would sit under the tree & say, "Phoenix Arizona, gonna creep up own ya" it would make me laugh. I remember my cousin sitting in the kitchen trading, my cousin made the most beautiful knives and he would say to Native & Larison, "you can have them as long as you dont hurt yourself or anyone else" they agreed. A lil time after, my cousin was married to an angel (she survived a terrible fire that burned most of her body).

I guess looking at the indian encyclopedia made me think of Native (Bradley Begay) & Larison Sosi, the pool party & the medicine man.

I'm thankful for good friends I have met, no matter how long they were in my life.

Doggers that talkers like thisers, I camped in the thorn bushes with behind the Cathedral of the Madelaine in SLC for several weeks before I got hospitalized for being crazy. I will never forget Sky, the eagle dancer who carried me across the railroad tracks with a broken foot. He was covered with lots of scars when I seen his face that morning after a long night sleeping on a cardboard box surrounded by glass & a horse head painted on the wall of the bldg we slept next to...I would have to say SL was the roughest streets I've ever been on!

No comments:

Post a Comment